There was a short Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) before the main meeting. The reason and procedure for the EGM were explained in the documents sent to members; and are also available here EGM 12 January 2022 – Malvern Radar And Technology History Society (mraths.org.uk).
Two short talks with a computing theme
- Welcome / announcements
- News from the archive
- Thoughts from the chair
Clive Pygott “The Viper micro-processor”
- Viper was developed to address concerns over microprocessors in safety and security critical applications however things did not go entirely to plan …
Ben Potter “The FLEX computer architecture”
- What Flex was, in brief, and why it appealed to me;
- A more detailed exposition of the unusual/unique features of Flex;
- Progress to date – this section will be short and end in a tale of ‘suspended/truncated due to COVID’;
- Some honest reflections on 1 above.