MALVERN RADAR AND TECHNOLOGY HISTORY SOCIETY
We celebrate the extraordinary history of science and technology in Malvern from 1942 onwards.
- Next MRATHS meeting 13th November 2019 – Acclaimed Author Damien Lewis – “Shadow Raiders” – Venue Big School Malvern College. SORRY sold out. Tickets are FREE. Donations are invited from non-members. See the Events page for more details.
- The TRE (Telecommunications Research Establishment) is getting into the national press. The Telegraph today (25 October) published an article stimulated by a visit organised by MRATHS on Operation Biting - which led to the move of TRE to Malvern: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/inside-top-secret-radar-facility-helped-win-second-world-war/ - this relates to the upcoming book launch in Malvern at our next meeting.
A few days ago, they attributed the loss of cash from our pockets to a TRE development: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/10/08/friendly-fire-second-world-war-triggered-slow-death-pound-pocket/?fbclid=IwAR3P-N1BiCGc-x4fAindCqwXPfcrugioTVDpwFomPLCIdvBh9D3-fsqGfPM
- Tickets for our next meeting with Damien Lewis have sold out! Look out for more tickets to be released early next week.
- Urgent Appeal To Preserve Malvern’s Technological Heritage
- Thanks to all who have donated thus far (Sunday 13th October). When we include gift aid we've already passed half of our target! Keep spreading the word folks. We intend to ask QinetiQ to match our funds! Click below to go directly to the JustGiving site
UPDATE FROM THE CHAIRMAN
Its official, on Tuesday, 16th April, the Charity Commission granted MRATHS charity status (no 1183001). You can find our details on the CC website at http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/showcharity/registerofcharities/RegisterHomePage.aspx. Just enter our number in the search box.
It is another important step along our path towards a Science Centre in Malvern celebrating our science and technology history and helping to inspire the next generation of Scientists and Engineers.
See Events for more details