MALVERN RADAR AND TECHNOLOGY HISTORY SOCIETY
Celebrating Malverns extraordinary history of science and technology
Our next virtual meeting will be on Wednesday 14th July at 7pm
- Welcome / announcements
- News from the archive
- Thoughts from the chair
- Darren Muff MBE “ICEYE RADARS in Space : Some Trade Secrets”
- A discussion on satellite Imaging radar and why they don’t work
- Darren has been a physicist working in the field of satellite Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) since 1991. He has worked primarily as a government research scientist with the UK’s Defence and intelligence communities but has also had positions as Officer Commanding Operations for JARIC (The Joint AIr Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre) and as the Senior Scientific Advisor to Joint Forces Intelligence Group (JFIG). He spent 4 years living in the US working for the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and received Honors from The Queen for his support to military operations during the Afghanistan Conflict. His most recent position was as The Space Technical Fellow for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) and he was also the UK’s principal technical authority for Space ISR (Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance) R&D . He joined ICEYE in October 2019 as the Senior SAR Product Manager and is responsible for ICEYE’s SAR processing algorithms and advanced signal processing techniques. His principal skills are in the field of RF signal processing and computer science.
- Future meetings:
- Wednesday 8th September - Faith Renger – The invasion of Malvern
- Wednesday 10th November – Michael Harris – Wind LIDARS
To join us you need to use the link to our Zoom meeting. Doors open 5 minutes beforehand. The number is limited to 100 so don’t be late.
Topic: MRATHS Zoom Meeting Time: Jul 14, 2021 07:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 3910 3199 Passcode: 163410You do not need to install a Zoom application - the live stream will be shown on your normal internet browser on whatever device you use.
We are going to record the meeting so if you can’t make 7pm, or you live in the wrong time zone, you will be able to watch later.
See Events for more details