MALVERN RADAR AND TECHNOLOGY HISTORY SOCIETY
Celebrating Malverns extraordinary history of science and technology
Our next virtual meeting will be on Wednesday 12th May at 7pm
- Welcome / announcements
- News from the archive
- Thoughts from the chair
- Tim Barney - Most Secrets Defford Airfield and the Story of Airborne Radar
- Combining a historic house and landscape park in Worcestershire, a secret wartime airfield, and the story of airborne radar development in World War Two, this talk has something for everybody. The story concludes with an account of the current National Trust property and airfield museum, both open to the public today.'
- 'Ever since I can remember, I’ve been fascinated by military history and technology, and like any enthusiast, I’ve always wanted to share my passion with the people around me. Following a career in the IT industry, I now have the opportunity to pass on some of the amazing facts and stories I’ve come upon over the years. As you will discover when you book one of my talks, military history is definitely NOT just for military history fans!'
- Future meetings:
- Wednesday 14th July – Darren Muff – The ICEYE SAR satellite system
- Wednesday 8th September - Faith Renger – The invasion of Malvern
- Wednesday 10th November – Michael Harris – Wind LIDARS
To join us you need to use the link to our Zoom meeting. Doors open 5 minutes beforehand. The number is limited to 100 so don’t be late.
Topic: MRATHS Zoom Meeting Time: May 12, 2021 07:00 PM LondonJoin Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83610855134?pwd=NUtPcitDTlo4bWdtOEdVYnVVZUYxQT09
Meeting ID: 836 1085 5134 Passcode: 302175
You do not need to install a Zoom application - the live stream will be shown on your normal internet browser on whatever device you use.
We are going to record the meeting so if you can’t make 7pm, or you live in the wrong time zone, you will be able to watch later. The gremlins will be on half-term holiday.
See Events for more details